Thursday, November 08, 2007

Welcome Back......

So yeah, I am bad about updating this thing. But come on, we all know that lives are busy, and everyone has a million things to do each and every day, right?

So I need to get better, I will try.

I do know one thing these days, Bible study is fascinating to me. I have this wonderful friend Mike Haskew, we can disagree on some points but with us it comes back to a point that we both agree on. I personally feel that it is one of the most intriguing relationships I have with anyone these days, to respectfully disagree with someone, yet not be concerned about trying to prove that one person or the other has to be right. So often these days we Americans are so caught up with the concept of "right", that we miss the concept of "friends". I know that I have done that in my own life, I have run people away from me by always having to be acknowledged as correct.

I think that what is really comes down to is pride. Pride drives you to think that you must be correct, and if that is true then all people must agree with you or they Must be wrong. I think that folks forget how simple a subject of right and wrong is, opinions aren't absolute, thoughts are not final; decisions are not cast in stone. Right and wrong is simple, Love the Lord your God with everything you have, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

On other, less deep topics, I had a blast a few weeks ago playing Flag Football with my company. They had a one day tournament and I actually am in better shape that I one thought. I played all but one down of 4 games, practically back to back. I had several sacks, an interception, and multiple hurries. I played both ways, O-Line and D-Line. I ran all day, and played it clean. I had fun.

If folks get a chance, I have a new MP3 player and I would love to get some philosophies on the correct way to order a play list.

Leave a comment and stuff, makes me feel loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love, buddy. I couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you bro on the whole pride thang. I found myself agreeing alot rather than trying to be right, which was opposite of you I think and now, more mature, I find myself saying OK, but not necessarily agreeing.
anywho, glad to see your posting, I didn't know you were out here, SWEEET!
peace bro!